Hookworm Infections: Overview
What Are Hookworm Infections?
Hookworms are parasites and This means they live off other living things and also Hookworm infections affect your lungs and small intestine.
Humans contract hookworms through roundworm eggs and larvae found in dirt contaminated by feces.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention hookworm infections occur in an estimated 576 to 740 million people worldwide.
It mostly affects the people of developing countries in the tropics and subtropics due to poor sanitation.
How People Get Hookworm Infections?
Necator americanus is that the commonest sort of hookworm that causes infection in the United States.
Hookworm eggs are passed in human feces onto the bottom where they become infective larvae (immature worms).
When the soil is cool then the larvae crawl to the closest moist area and extend their bodies into the air.
The larvae stay within the soil waving their bodies to and fro—until they come into contact with human skin. For example, once you stepped on by a barefoot or until they’re driven back to the bottom of the heat.
Symptoms Of Hookworm Infections
So many peoples infected with hookworm infections may show some of the following symptoms:
- The skin rash in one area is usually red, raised, and itchy.
- Weight loss.
- Loss of appetite.
- Shortness of breath like wheezing and cough.
- Stomach pain.
- Extreme tiredness and weakness.
- Iron deficiency anemia or malnutrition.
- Physical and thought development problems in children during severe anemia.
Hookworm Infections Prevented?
If you are in an area where hookworm disease is common, or where human feces may be in the soil or sand, you
- Should not walk barefoot on the soil or sand.
- Should not touch the soil or sand with your bare hands.
- drinking safe water.
- properly cleaning and cooking food.
- practicing proper handwashing.
For In-Home Nursing Services Visit Our Website
Home Health Care Nursing Bureau Services At Home In Delhi And NCR
You Can Connect With Us At- +91-8595-102-102 , +91-7861-021-021
Are you looking for security services?Contact Now